Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My New Camera


My Camera, originally uploaded by devitt_b.

Below is the link to the Circuit City website page that describes the features on my new camera! I just went out and purchased this camera today! I had to buy a new camera for a number of reasons. One being that I am going to be traveling quite a bit this summer and spending a month in Idaho when my sister has her baby and I want a great camera to capture all the cuteness! Also, my club volleyball team will be going to the Reno Festival and I wanted to be able to take a bunch of pictures of all the fun we are going to have. There are many reasons why I decided to spend this much on a new camera!
One of the main reasons I needed a new camera is because my husband had purchased one for my birthday this last August. Unfortunately, over thanksgiving break, it was dropped while at Disneyland and ceased to operate. After finding out it would cost the same amount to repair the old camera, I decided it would be easier to simply buy a new one. I was leary about buying another "slim" camera, as they are all you can seem to find/afford these days, because of the chincy bodies. The last thing I needed to do was lose another $300!! So when I saw that this particular camera was "SHOCK-Proof" as well as "water-proof" I had to investigate! I pondered the validity of this "shock-proof" camera so I went to the store and played around with one. Turns out it really is shock proof from 5ft. and water proof down to 10ft. I don't think I'll ever test out the water proof side of it, but I was definately pleased with the shock proof ability, as I am particularly clumsy. I went out on a limb and bought it! Come to find out, it has the COOLEST feature available on it! In Camera Panorama!
As soon as I can upload a good example of what this camera is capable of I will. I will be getting lots of test shots this weekend! Meanwhile... check out the other features this camera boasts. If you are in the market for a new camera, I would totally recommend this one. Especially if you are clumsy! Take Care!
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Olympus-Stylus-850-SW-8-Megapixel-Digital-Camera-Blue-STYLUS850SWBL/sem/rpsm/oid/204930/catOid/-16941/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

No comments: